Thursday, August 2, 2007

I write


I write…
That is what I do I write until my fingers are numb
And ink on paper no longer looks like words and letters
But metaphors and rhythm
Like blues dancing
Jazz balancing on the fine line
Of sublime and insanity
I write until the outside world no longer is near me
I escape into oblivion where me and my pen become friends
No Siamese twins joined at the tip of paper
No sound, just nouns and pronouns adjectives of revolution
Verbs of restitution and retribution are translucent images
Winding through lines and confines of strokes

I write and I write
By sunlight and moon light
dance in the delight of my mind and press rewind
and return to a time when my innocent was heaven sent and
The sign on the door says do not disturb the nerd at work
I write
It's my choice
It's my voice
It's my dope to cope with the scope of no hope
It provokes, words spoke of understanding
I invoke spirits of ancestry and chemistry
Mixes gases and solids
Compounds and profound usage
of a language that speaks more then just words
More then nouns and verbs
The nerd at work observes the right
To refuse and reuse what ever she chooses too
And you can then become a participant in the mass
Creation artificial insemination of a nation
Birthed through labor pains and writers block
that burst forth in jisms of spoken word
and you thought you heard
great tunes from Coltrane, Monk & Davis
while popping fingers to the latest
dance craze,
While I am hazing, trailblazing a land with
no destruction in my path
just encouraging metaphors on scores
of blank sheets….
I Write to see me
Be me
Live free
Erase hate innately
Not give to the reprobate
but procreate in Lyrics…
©™2006 VyBe

No comments: