Wednesday, August 15, 2007

ReBirth



I am not defined by past life times

Characteristics of ancestors that graced this stage before me

Pleasantries and mysteries of misery do not describe me

Calamity has been a path for me but still in times of Pain

I stand a mist ashes that were meant to burn me

My legacy was not foretold to me

My journey was once bleak is now becoming crystal clear

Slowly but surely I am beginning to breath and believe in the

Rebirth of my spirituality

I died naturally so that I can live eternally

While keeping close contact with the inner me

Because the man inside me

Is greater the one the world see’s

I was conceived unexpectedly

Carried through a pregnancy of tragedy

Not by mother

This transformation was actually performed in my womb

I was an incubator

And my uterus the tomb

Used to consume all the shame

All of the pain

All of my dark days

And cold nights

That plagued me and the womb became a grave

I died to the old me

Submerged in water that signified my submission

To his authority and his deity

To show the world that I believed

In the Trinity

And salvation is free

The thing that I thought defined me no loner haunt me

I am not my hair

I am not this skin

I am not the world’s expectations of me

In the middle of Tears and desperation I cried out with boldness

ENOUGH is Enough I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of being tired of being sick

I am tired of compromising my worth because of the curse

That was passed down generations before me

I will not argue with the devil

He is defeated and I in need of an Advocate

that has been seated at the right hand of the father who

Heard my plea of misery

freed me,

easily

it was his gift to me

all I had to do was

believe

then receive

My birth right

I resist negativity

Embrace ingenuity

Rejoice in the influence of those

Who love and want what’s best for me

I will no longer cast my pearls before swine

And dine with perverts who perversely

Promote promiscuity, polluting my womb

With unworthy adversaries how dare you

Say to me I am just another tragedy

Black girl lost in streets of insanity

Mayhem and misfortune may have be felled me

But the truth is the root that is planted by the streams of waters

That broke and brought fourth life…

©™2007 VYBE

No comments: